Sunday, August 5, 2007

About Me

I am a mom to 2 daughters, a step-mom to 2 sons, a grandmother to one baby boy, a midlife crisis to my husband, a co-conspirator to my sister and mom, and a mother-in-law to a poor guy who is crazy about my oldest daughter. I work part time in a doctor's office and I work full time at staying ahead of my lupus. Sometimes my full time job overshadows every other aspect of my life and then I have a bout of MDAD, (Mostly Dead All Day).

For those of you who haven't seen the movie, The Princess Bride, it is a quote from a scene. The hero, Westley, is captured by the evil Prince Humperdink and is subjected to a machine that sucks the life out of him. Westley is rescued and taken to a healer who makes a magic pill to revive Wesley. When he is coming around but is still paralyzed, the giant, who rescued him, tells Wesley that he is doing great considering he has been Mostly Dead All Day.

This seemed to be the best way to describe how I feel some days. But remember it is only MOSTY dead, there is always hope. Some days being MDAD can recharge your battery and you can have a great day after that.





No comments: